COLLEGE PREPARATORY SCHOOL – 6100 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618
- Varsity – Head Coach
- JV – Head Coach
- Part time: August – November 2017
- Compensation: Stipend, commensurate with experience
The coach must:
- Lead 1 ½ (JV) to 2-hour (Varsity) practices Monday through Friday, beginning at 3:30pm each afternoon.
- Attend games which occur approximately two times per week and may require being available earlier than 3:30pm.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license and be willing to drive a school van to and from games.
- Complete a DOJ background check and required NFHS coaching and first aid/CPR certification courses.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience playing and coaching volleyball at the high school level.
- Possess a professional and positive demeanor when working with colleagues, students, and parents
- Strive to build an excellent volleyball program which aligns with the school’s mission and philosophy
- Possess excellent organization, time management, and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to provide and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Seek to serve as a role model for young student-athletes, and recognize the important role of character development in excellent coaching.
ABOUT COLLEGE PREP:
Tucked into a glen in the Rockridge neighborhood of Oakland, our educational community of 360 students and 80 faculty and staff continues to aspire to live the motto that our founder selected from Vergil–Mens Conscia Recti–a mind aware of what is right. At College Prep we believe in the foundational importance of scholarship, the value of dialogue, and the need for academically curious young people to belong to a kind, creative, diverse, and joyful community. We challenge our students to engage deeply in learning, appreciate one another, and grow into adults who are intellectually adventurous, ethically sure-footed, and generous of heart and spirit.
COLLEGE PREP ATHLETICS:
Our Athletic Department’s education-based approach recognizes that our students are experiencing a period of tremendous physical, emotional, and intellectual growth. Each team in our competitive interscholastic athletic program subscribes to a sound body/sound mind philosophy by promoting fitness, teaching sport-specific skills and strategies, and encouraging sportsmanship, integrity, commitment, personal responsibility, teamwork, and self-discipline. We seek to provide a challenging, fun and rewarding experience for each of our student-athletes. We are members of the North Coast Section (NCS) and CIF, the Bay Area Conference (BAC), Bay Counties League East (BCL-East).
* Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining how you will contribute to College Prep’s athletic program to Rich Mazzola, Athletic Director at email@example.com.
Realm Charter School in Berkeley is looking for a Girls High School Volleyball Coach who would be willing to develop and train a group of JV level girls for the upcoming 2017 Fall Season.
The job would be Monday-Friday, 4-6pm, from August until November, with a coaching stipend of $2,000.
If interested, please email the Athletic Director, Tanisha Walton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodside Elementary (K-8) is looking for volleyball coaches for the 2017 fall program:
- 4th – 8th Grade students participate in the Menlo Park Recreation League
- Late August-Mid November
- One game during the week
- 1 – 2 practices during the week
- Must have the ability to positively teach volleyball skills and strategy to beginner – intermediate players
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and positively with both players and parents
- Approximately 5 hours/week; $1000 in compensation for the season
- Must be fingerprinted and SafeSport certified