NCVA – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Page
Below you will find the latest info on the NCVA action plan and general info on Coronavirus. NCVA cannot give any medical advice, or advise you if you should or should not attend an event based on medical issues or concerns. We strongly urge you to reach out to your local public health office for information if you have any concerns.
The NCVA wanted to clarify our standing on player safety for in-person activities. As we understand that per the State of California, youth sports competitions are restricted statewide, the NCVA strongly encourages each club to prioritize safety and not hold any in-person activity that is not approved by their respective county.
- Tournament competition is still not allowed in California.
- Indoor and outdoor volleyball is permitted in the Moderate/Orange Tier.
- Competition between 2 teams (a scrimmage for example) may take place, as long as both teams come from Counties that are in the Moderate/Orange Tier.
- We are working closely with Reno to submit a proposal to Washoe County for approval to hold our SNQ, FW, and any other events that we can as we feel that Nevada will be opening up sooner than California.
- As soon as California allows Tournament Competition, we will assess the time of the season and plan from there.
- Our goal is to give our members of this Region an opportunity to play, whether it is a shorter League or a special event!
CIF Proposed Plan for the Return of Educational-Based Athletics:
- High School Sports will not return to competition until January 25, 2021, at the earliest.
- CIF Season 1 Sports (January – April): Traditional Competitive Cheer, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Gymnastics, Skiing/Snowboarding, Girls Volleyball, Water Polo
- CIF Season 2 Sports (March – June): Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Competitive Sport Cheer, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming & Diving, Tennis, Track & Field, Boys Volleyball, Wrestling
- To read the full details, click here.
State of California CDPH Youth Recreational Sports Guidelines:
- Indoor and Outdoor volleyball training are permitted within counties that are in the moderate/orange tier.
- Competition is still not allowed.
- To read the updated details, click here.
(as of 11/17/2020)