January 14-15-16, 2023
Sacramento Convention Center • San Jose Convention Center
San Mateo Event Center
Registration Deadline: December 5, 2022
Team Entry: $650
Open and Club:
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Schedule & Results
8 room nights for a two day event.
Example: 4 rooms booked for two nights.
NCVA Code of Conduct
All attendees are required to abide by the following codes of conduct and behavior. Violations of these codes may include removal from the event in addition to potential penalties against the team you are affiliated with including, but not limited to removing the team from the event and awarding last place points.
Our photography sponsor, Micheal Hall, will be on site at the Sacramento Convention Center and available to photograph for you! Visit his site to learn more.
All disivions will play 2 out of the 3 days. Assigned days of play are TBD.
Playing Sites: Sacramento Convention Center - San Jose Convention Center - San Mateo Event Center
Start Times: AM Wave 8:00 AM - PM Wave 3:00 PM
|January 14-15-16, 2023|
|Division||Days of Play||Play Site/Venue||Wave||Format||Seeding|
|11 Open/11 Club||TBD||TBD||TBD|
Seeding & Seeding Appeals
The California Kickoff Tournament will be seeded from the same age group from the 2021-2022 season.
Example: Your club has a 16-1 team playing in the 2022-2023 season and you had a 15-1 team that played in the 2021-2022 season, then the 15-1 results will be used.
Although: If your club has a 16-1 team playing in the 2022-2023 season but did not have a 15-1 team in 2021-2022, this 16-1 team would be considered an “unseeded” team.
Going into Power League after California Kickoff
All unseeded teams will be re-seeded by the NCVA for a final seeding of the Power League Qualifier for 2022-2023.
Teams wishing to use their California Kickoff Results for seeding into the Power League seeded teams must participate in the Open Division. California Kickoff Head-to-Head Results for teams participating in the Club Division will only move their team within the unseeded teams.
All registered teams can appeal their seeding for the California Kickoff.
- Deadline to appeal for California Kickoff: Monday, December 19, 2022
Power League Qualifier
An appeal for PLQ is for unseeded teams who did not play in the California Kickoff.
- Deadline to appeal for Power League Qualifier: Friday, January 20, 2022 at 5:00pm
This year the California Kickoff will be held in the following locations:
- Sacramento Convention Center
- San Jose Convention Center
- San Mateo Event Center
Please observe the following requirements while attending the tournament:
- All attendees must be on an Official Team Roster or be registered through our Guest Registration system.
- Chairs are provided around the courts for attendees.
- NO outside food is allowed in the convention centers.
Team Check In
Check-in at the Tournament Desk of your assigned play site.
Friday, January 13, 2023 – 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Please check in online in TM2Sign.
- One person per team is allowed to approach the Tournament Desk to pick up the team bag during the hours above.
Pick up your wristbands early by stopping during the hours above to avoid any delays getting in on the first day of the tournament!
Rosters are open for editing until 9:00 PM, Friday, January 13, 2023.
Building your rosters requires use of both SportsEngine and TM2
Step 1: SportsEngine
Confirm that all your players/coaches on your roster are assigned to your club.
- In your “Directory” search for each Player and Coach.
- Click on their name, then click “Memberships”
- You should see your Club Name in their Memberships. If you do not see your club name, you will need to send them a club assignment request. You cannot build your roster in TM2 until all players and coaches are members of your club in SportsEngine.
Step 2: TM2
Once all of your players and coaches are members of your Club in SportsEngine, you can build your rosters in TM2.
- Click your “Members” tab.
- Click “Import member”.
- Click the big green button.
- Once the members are imported, start building your roster by searching the names of your players and coaches.
- Please note, if you have previously built your roster, you need to delete it and start fresh.
- There may be multiple accounts for each person that will populate; be sure to choose the account that says “Has USAV Membership” in green.
- Once you have your rosters built, click on “Validate”, and the system should validate your roster.
2023 NCVA California Kickoff Recruiting Combine
2022 Top Finishes
|11 Open/11 Club|
|SF Tremors 11 Cheetahs||1|
|Vibe 11 Volo-Vipers||2|
|Academy 11 HP Tyler||3|
|Vision 12 Gold||1|
|SF Tremors 12 Wolverines||2|
|Marin Juniors 12 Black||3|
|UC Elite 12 Conan||1|
|SF Juniors 12 Black||2|
|Vision 12 Blue||3|
|Vision 11 Gold||3|
|SF Tremors 13 Wolverines||1|
|Club Solano 13 Maroon||2|
|UC Elite 13 Vivian||3|
|MVVC 13 Black||1|
|Club Solano 13 Black||2|
|Delta Valley 13 Blue||3|
|Red Rock 13 Erica||3|
|SF Tremors 14 Wolverines||1|
|Academy 14 HP Daniele||2|
|Red Rock 14 Robin||3|
|UC Elite 14 Oliver||3|
|Evolve 14 Red||1|
|Club Solano 14 Maroon||2|
|UC Elite 14 Lynda||3|
|Dinamite 14-1 Jon||3|
|SF Tremors 15 Hawks||1|
|MVVC G 15 Red||2|
|805 Elite 15-1’s||3|
|Marin Juniors 15 Black||3|
|Delta Valley 15 Blue||1|
|Club Solano 15 Maroon||2|
|Hercules Dynamite 15 Black||3|
|UC Elite 15 Vivian||3|
|Red Rock 16 Chi||2|
|SF Tremors 16 Wolverines||3|
|Academy 16 HP Denny||3|
|805 Elite 16||1|
|Aspire 16 Black||2|
|BAVC 16 Regional - Sebastian||3|
|Sequoia Crush 16 Black||3|
|Marin Juniors 17 Black||1|
|Pulse 17 Black||2|
|Red Rock 17 Taylor||3|
|MVVC 17 Red||3|
|Five Starz 17 Dana||1|
|805 Elite 17||2|
|UC Elite 17 Sarah||3|
|MVVC 17 Black||3|
|SF Tremors 18 Titans||1|
|Red Rock 18 Gil||2|
|UC Elite 18 Matt||3|
|Tsunami 18 Elite||1|
|FAV 18 Maverick||2|
|Aspire 18 Black||3|
|Sand City 18 Carl||3|