January 14-15-16, 2023
Sacramento Convention Center • San Jose Convention Center
San Mateo Event Center
EXTENDED from 12/5/22 – REGISTER TODAY!
Team Entry: $650
Open and Club:
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
NCVA Code of Conduct
All attendees are required to abide by the following codes of conduct and behavior. Violations of these codes may include removal from the event in addition to potential penalties against the team you are affiliated with including, but not limited to removing the team from the event and awarding last place points.
Our photography sponsor, Micheal Hall, will be on site at the Sacramento Convention Center and available to photograph for you! Visit his site to learn more.
All divisions will play 2 out of the 3 days. Assigned days of play are SET!!!
Playing Sites: Sacramento Convention Center - San Jose Convention Center - San Mateo Event Center
*updated as of 1/2/2023
|January 14-15-16, 2023|
|Division||Days of Play||Play Site/Venue||Wave||Format||Seeding|
|Youth: 3rd/4th Grades||Saturday/Sunday||Sacramento Convention Center||AM|
|11 Open/11 Club||Sunday/Monday||*San Jose Convention Center||AM|
|12 Open||Sunday/Monday||*San Jose Convention Center||AM|
|12 Club||Saturday/Sunday||San Jose Convention Center||*PM|
|13 Open||Sunday/Monday||*San Jose Convention Center||AM|
|13 Club||Saturday/Sunday||San Mateo Event Center||*AM|
|14 Open||Saturday/Sunday||San Mateo Event Center||**PM|
|14 Club||Saturday/Sunday||Sacramento Convention Center||AM|
|15 Open||Sunday/Monday||San Jose Convention Center||PM|
|15 Club||Saturday/Sunday||Sacramento Convention Center||AM|
|16 Open||Sunday/Monday||San Jose Convention Center||PM|
|16 Club||Sunday/Monday||*San Jose Convention Center||PM|
|17 Open||Saturday/Sunday||San Jose Convention Center||*AM|
|17 Club||Saturday/Sunday||San Jose Convention Center||AM|
|18 Open||Saturday/Sunday||San Jose Convention Center||AM|
|18 Club||Saturday/Sunday||San Jose Convention Center||AM|
Seeding & Seeding Appeals
The California Kickoff Tournament will be seeded from the same age group from the 2021-2022 season.
Example: Your club has a 16-1 team playing in the 2022-2023 season and you had a 15-1 team that played in the 2021-2022 season, then the 15-1 results will be used.
Although: If your club has a 16-1 team playing in the 2022-2023 season but did not have a 15-1 team in 2021-2022, this 16-1 team would be considered an “unseeded” team.
Going into Power League after California Kickoff
All unseeded teams will be re-seeded by the NCVA for a final seeding of the Power League Qualifier for 2022-2023.
Teams wishing to use their California Kickoff Results for seeding into the Power League seeded teams must participate in the Open Division. California Kickoff Head-to-Head Results for teams participating in the Club Division will only move their team within the unseeded teams.
All registered teams can appeal their seeding for the California Kickoff.
- Deadline to appeal for California Kickoff: Monday, January 9, 2023 by 5:00 PM
Power League Qualifier
An appeal for PLQ is for unseeded teams who did not play in the California Kickoff.
- Deadline to appeal for Power League Qualifier: Friday, January 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM
This year the California Kickoff will be held in the following locations:
- Sacramento Convention Center
- San Jose Convention Center
- San Mateo Event Center
- Tailgate tickets are on sale now and can be purchased via our website Parking & Directions – San Mateo County Event Center (smcec.co)
Please observe the following requirements while attending the tournament:
- All attendees must be on an Official Team Roster or be registered through our Guest Registration system.
- Chairs are provided around the courts for attendees.
- NO outside food is allowed in the convention centers.
Team Check In
Check-in at the Tournament Desk of your assigned play site on your first day of play.
No Friday Night Check-In
- Please check in online in TM2Sign.
- One Coach or Team Rep per team is allowed to approach the Tournament Desk to pick up the team bag upon arrival on your first day of play.
- Pick up your wristbands upon arrival at your assigned playing site on your first day of play.
Rosters are open for editing until 9:00 PM, Friday, January 13, 2023.
Building your rosters requires use of both SportsEngine and TM2
Step 1: SportsEngine
Confirm that all your players/coaches on your roster are assigned to your club.
- In your “Directory” search for each Player and Coach.
- Click on their name, then click “Memberships”
- You should see your Club Name in their Memberships. If you do not see your club name, you will need to send them a club assignment request. You cannot build your roster in TM2 until all players and coaches are members of your club in SportsEngine.
Step 2: TM2
Once all of your players and coaches are members of your Club in SportsEngine, you can build your rosters in TM2.
- Click your “Members” tab.
- Click “Import member”.
- Click the big green button.
- Once the members are imported, start building your roster by searching the names of your players and coaches.
- Please note, if you have previously built your roster, you need to delete it and start fresh.
- There may be multiple accounts for each person that will populate; be sure to choose the account that says “Has USAV Membership” in green.
- Once you have your rosters built, click on “Validate”, and the system should validate your roster.
2023 NCVA California Kickoff Recruiting Combine
Championship Combines is focused on creating the opportunity for players to demonstrate their volleyball skills and for college coaches to evaluate recruits in a quick and economical manner. The Combine format leans towards individual/position/group drills, as opposed team play. This allows the college coaches the ability to see multiple repetitions of specific skills, while also reducing the risk of injuries which can often occur in team competition.
San Jose Convention Center: January 13th, from 7:00 p to 8:30 p.
- Open to any high school-age player and 8th graders (FEMALE ONLY), regardless if they are participating in the NCVA California Kickoff tournament or not.
The NCVA CA Kickoff Recruiting Combine will be will promoted to every NCAA Division II, Division III, NAIA, and Junior College Volleyball in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada!
PLEASE NOTE – January 13th is within the NCAA Division I Recruiting Quiet Period, so no DI schools are allowed to attend the Combine in person; BUT, we will send the Player Information Packet to every NCAA Division I school in CA/OR/WA/NV/AZ/UT/ID