- What is Personal Information?
- How we may use your Personal Information
- How we collect Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How we protect the confidentiality of Personal Information
- Accessing, updating, or deleting Personal Information
- Opting out of receiving electronic communications
- Personal Information transferred from the U.S.
- Other Websites and Sites, including Social Media
- Children’s Privacy
- How to contact us
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, and online identifiers.
How we may use your Personal Information
- To send you newsletters, legal updates, event information, marketing communications, and other information that may interest you;
- To understand how people are using our website, including by generating and analyzing statistics;
- To improve and customize communications and advertisements;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal processes;
- To protect our rights or property, and the security and integrity of NCVA, users, and our third party business partners and service providers.
How we collect Personal Information
Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Site, we request information from you. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose for our request. For example, if you subscribe to our email list, we collect your email address, first name, and last name. We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested services. For example, if you choose not to fill out the “New Junior Club” form in its entirety we will not be able to begin the registration of your junior club.
Information Collected Automatically
We use Google Analytics, in order to better understand your use of our Site and how we can improve it. This tool collects information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other usage information. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your personal information please visit http:///www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . To prevent data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the opt-out browser add-on at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site or providing our products and services. For example, we engage third parties to provide analytical services and send out mass communications through our email list. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Website, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
How we protect the confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards, such as industry-standard encryption technology, to help keep the information collected through the Site secure. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Accessing, updating, or deleting Personal Information
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to [email protected]. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
Opting out of receiving electronic communications
With your permission, we may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email through a service provider (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by submitting a request to [email protected].
Personal Information transferred from the U.S.
Other Websites and Sites, including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our website, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties.
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), NCVA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn that personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 13 has been submitted via our Site without parental consent, NCVA will take all action necessary to comply with our responsibilities under applicable legal requirements, which may include deletion of any such information.
How to contact us