Rules Clinics & Rules Changes
All coaches are responsible for knowing and understanding the current rules. Each coach is also responsible for being able to officiate competently and keep score during a match. If a tournament director observes at a League Tournament and notifies the NCVA office that a team needs to attend a rules clinic, that team will be required to schedule a private rules clinic.
NCVA offers the following clinic options.
- Free Online Clinic
- Private Rules Clinic, arranged by Club Director
We encourage everyone to take the clinic online.
Significant Rules Changes For your reference, we have provided a link to the Significant Rules Changes
Players and Coaches may take the online clinic as a group (the entire club attends one session) or as an individual (each member completes the clinic online in their own).
- Login to your membership account
- Click on Region Clinics
- Select Register Now next to the clinic you need (either players or coaches)
- Enter all required fields
- Select Submit at the bottom of the page
- Click on the USAV Academy button (bottom of page) to access the clinic
- Follow the instructions until you have received confirmation that you have completed the clinic and required test.
Any team or group of teams may also request a private rules clinic for a fee of $400. All rules clinics are conducted by a clinician who is certified and assigned by the NCVA office. All NCVA assigned clinicians must attend a special clinician’s clinic to be able to conduct a rules clinic.