Rules Clinics & Rules Changes
All coaches are responsible for knowing and understanding the current rules. Each coach is also responsible for being able to officiate competently and keep score during a match. If a tournament director observes at a League Tournament and notifies the NCVA office that a team needs to attend a rules clinic, that team will be required to schedule a private rules clinic.
NCVA offers the following clinic options.
- Free Online Clinic
- Private Rules Clinic, arranged by Club Director
We encourage everyone to take the clinic online.
Players and Coaches may take the online clinic as a group (the entire club attends one session) or as an individual (each member completes the clinic online in their own).
- Login to your SportsEngine account
- Access ‘My SportsEngine’ and click on the ‘Household’ tab on the left hand menu
- Select ‘View Profile’ under the players and/or coaches name. You will be taken to the ‘Profile Information’ page.
- On the profile information page, a box will load titled ‘Norther California Volleyball Association’, click ‘View Details’ at the bottom of the box
- On the membership page, select ‘USA Volleyball Academy’ (this button is on the top right of the screen)
- Clicking the button will take you to another page, close out any pop-ups and select ‘Content Library’ on the left side of the screen
- Complete the R2, Lines, and Scorekeeper courses
For any questions on how to access, please contact the NCVA at [email protected] or call (415) 550-7582.