March 18 & 19, 2023
Cal Expo, Sacramento and San Mateo Event Center
Registration Deadline: February 6, 2023
(extended to: February 27, 2023)
Team Entry: $300
March 18: 12s & 16s
March 19: 14s & 18s
*Teams will select their preferred venue during registration, as both sites offer all divisions*
Schedule & Results
NCVA Code of Conduct
All attendees are required to abide by the following codes of conduct and behavior. Violations of these codes may include removal from the event in addition to potential penalties against the team you are affiliated with including, but not limited to removing the team from the event and awarding last place points.
What's all this Madness?
March Madness isn’t your normal tournament! It runs on a completely different format:
- Horn promptly at 9:00 AM
- NO TIMEOUTS!
- A running timer clock will be located at the Tournament Desk.
- Two (2)- 9 minute sets with 3 minutes in between sets.
- 1 Minute horn reminder when games will be starting up again.
- 9 minutes between matches for teams to switch to playing/reffing including warm up time.
- 30 minute break between rounds, then reshuffle pools and run through again.
- Only points matter. That will determine seeding for brackets.
- Bracket Play, normal 2 out of 3, USA Volleyball Rules. (Not Times)
|March 18, 2023|
|March 19, 2023|
This year’s March Madness will be held at the San Mateo Event Center and Cal Expo, Sacramento. Please observe the following requirements while attending the tournament:
- All attendees must be on an Official Team Roster or be registered through our Guest Registration system.
- Chairs are provided around the courts for attendees.
- No outside food is allowed in the convention center.
- San Mateo Event Center ONLY
- San Mateo Event Center Tailgate tickets are on sale now and can be purchased via our website Parking & Directions – San Mateo County Event Center (smcec.co)
- San Mateo Event Center ONLY
Team Check In
Check-in at the Tournament Desk
NO CHECK IN ON FRIDAY - Please check in upon arrival on your assigned day of play, either Saturday March 18 or Sunday March 19
- NO CHECK IN ON FRIDAY.
- Please check in online in TM2Sign.
- One person per team is allowed to approach the Tournament Desk to pick up the team bag during the hours above.
Pick up your wristbands early by stopping during the hours above to avoid any delays getting in on the first day of the tournament!
Rosters are open for editing until 9:00 PM, Friday, March 17, 2023.
Building your rosters requires use of both SportsEngine and TM2
Step 1: SportsEngine
Confirm that all your players/coaches on your roster are assigned to your club.
- In your “Directory” search for each Player and Coach.
- Click on their name, then click “Memberships”
- You should see your Club Name in their Memberships. If you do not see your club name, you will need to send them a club assignment request. You cannot build your roster in TM2 until all players and coaches are members of your club in SportsEngine.
Step 2: TM2
Once all of your players and coaches are members of your Club in SportsEngine, you can build your rosters in TM2.
- Click your “Members” tab.
- Click “Import member”.
- Click the big green button.
- Once the members are imported, start building your roster by searching the names of your players and coaches.
- Please note, if you have previously built your roster, you need to delete it and start fresh.
- There may be multiple accounts for each person that will populate; be sure to choose the account that says “Has USAV Membership” in green.
- Once you have your rosters built, click on “Validate”, and the system should validate your roster.