March 16-17-18, 2024
Site: SAFE Credit Union Convention Center, Sacramento
Divisions offered, in order of strength, are:
Open | USA | Liberty | American
March 17-18-19, 2023
|18 Open: plays Friday & Saturday ONLY||2||AM|
|18 USA: plays all three days||2||AM|
|18 Liberty: plays all three days||2||AM|
|18 American: plays all three days||1||AM|
The NCVA Sierra National Qualifier will follow the USA Volleyball procedure for breaking ties to determine a Pool Finish.
Registration Deadline: February 12, 2024
Team Entry: $975
18 Open • 18 USA
18 Liberty • 18 American
Event Housing (Updated link)
Schedule & Results
NCVA Code of Conduct
All attendees are required to abide by the following codes of conduct and behavior. Violations of these codes may include removal from the event in addition to potential penalties against the team you are affiliated with including, but not limited to removing the team from the event and awarding last place points.
Event Staff and Qualifier Manual
Venue - SAFE Credit Union Convention Center, Sacramento
This new site for the NCVA / No Dinx Sierra National Qualifier will be Cal Expo, Sacramento. Please observe the following requirements while attending the tournament:
- All attendees must be on an Official Team Roster or be registered through our Guest Registration system.
- Chairs are provided around the courts for attendees.
- No outside food is allowed in the convention center.
SAFE Credit Union Convention Center
1401 K St, Sacramento, CA 95814
Team Check In
Check-in at the Tournament Desk
Friday, March 15, 2024 – 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM
- Please check in online in TM2Sign.
- One person per team is allowed to approach the Tournament Desk to pick up the team bag during the hours above
In Person Check-In:
- In-person team check-in will be Friday, 3/15 starting at 7:30 AM at the Tournament Desk in Building C.
- We ask that one person/representative from each team approach the Tournament Desk to check-in, and pick up the team’s swag bag!
- Please make sure to have your online form printed, signed, and ready to turn in to Tournament Staff at check-in.
- Yes, Coaches can appoint one parent to check their team in for them.
Pick up your wristbands early by stopping during the hours above to avoid any delays getting in on the first day of the tournament!
Rosters are open for editing until 9:00 PM, Friday, March 15, 2024
Building your rosters requires use of both SportsEngine and TM2
Step 1: SportsEngine
Confirm that all your players/coaches on your roster are assigned to your club.
- In your “Directory” search for each Player and Coach.
- Click on their name, then click “Memberships”
- You should see your Club Name in their Memberships. If you do not see your club name, you will need to send them a club assignment request. You cannot build your roster in TM2 until all players and coaches are members of your club in SportsEngine.
Step 2: TM2
Once all of your players and coaches are members of your Club in SportsEngine, you can build your rosters in TM2.
- Click your “Members” tab.
- Click “Import member”.
- Click the big green button.
- Once the members are imported, start building your roster by searching the names of your players and coaches.
- Please note, if you have previously built your roster, you need to delete it and start fresh.
- There may be multiple accounts for each person that will populate; be sure to choose the account that says “Has USAV Membership” in green.
- Once you have your rosters built, click on “Validate”, and the system should validate your roster.
- NO DINX – OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT APPAREL
- MICHEAL HALL PHOTOGRAPHY
More information to come!
2023 Sierra National Qualifier Recruiting Combine (CANCELED)
Championship Combines is focused on creating the opportunity for players to demonstrate their volleyball skills and for college coaches to evaluate recruits in a quick and economical manner. The Combine format leans towards individual/position/group drills, as opposed team play. This allows the college coaches the ability to see multiple repetitions of specific skills, while also reducing the risk of injuries which can often occur in team competition.
March 2nd, from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Reno Sparks Convention Center and is open to any current high school age player (FEMALE ONLY), regardless if they are participating in the Sierra National Qualifier or not.
Cost: $120.00 per athlete
The Sierra National Recruiting Combine is a VIDEO Combine with College Coaches invited….
- Because there are a number other National Qualifiers across the country the weekend of March 3rd, we will film the Sierra National Recruiting Combine.
- The Combine film will be sent to every NCAA Division I college program in the USA, and every college volleyball program in CA/OR/WA/NV/AZ, along with the Player Contact Information.
- In addition, College coaches will be invited to attend the Combine from NCAA DI/DII/DII-NAIA-Junior College programs within the Western USA..
- All players and drills will be filmed.
Hotels - Support the Sport
Officials' Information for National Qualifier Events
Referee Pay Rates
2023/2024 Multi Event Bonus TBA.
In order to officiate at an NCVA Junior National Qualifier, you must be a current USA Volleyball member in good standing who has completed SafeSport and has passed a background screening.
Click Here to complete your Membership through Northern California, or please register through your local USA Volleyball Region if you are joining us from out of Region!
NCVA provides a complimentary shared hotel room for all officials at various hotels near the playing venue. You will be given your hotel information the week of the tournament.
If you work both weekends of the Girls’ Far Western in Reno, NV, we will provide accommodations for you in between weekends so you can get a little R&R!
Sign Up to Work
Air and Ground Travel Stipends
Local NCVA Officials will receive an inflation relief of $25.00 per tournament day.
Out of Region Officials will receive a $200.00 stipend to help with airfare.